Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hoppy Santa

(Wheat Beer)
Finally I have all the ingredients.  I hope to have the wort in the fermenter tonight.

I am going to twist flavor in many ways.  Basically its a wheat beer.  To improve the wheat beer taste I am adding coriander and orange juice. By adding German Wheat Yeast I am trying to give it a sharp tart crispness, fruity flavor.  With centennial hops I am hoping to improve the aroma and bitter taste. Finally to give it barrel taste I am adding roasted oak wood.   I hope the all the flavors come together to get the perfect taste.

Ingredients:
- Whispering Wheat Weizenbier HME
- 3 TSP of Coriander
- 1/2 cup of OJ
- 1 TSP Bitter Orange Peel
- 3 TSP of Hops
- 1/2 cup of Oak chips

(First Tasting - 12/6/2010)
Wheat with coriander flavor is really promising.  It has turned out a little more bitter than I had anticipated.  Overall the taste is refreshing.  At the moment alcohol content is low.

(Ready to bottle - 12/13/2010)
Alright, I guess its about time.

(Ready to drink - 12/25/2010)
Ho! Ho! Ho!
I opened the first bottle yesterday and it turned out to be good.  Add a slice of orange and the taste improved  few times.  The barrel flavor hasn't come out as expected but the orange and coriander brings out the taste in the wheat malt.

3 comments:

  1. The taste was very refreshing! The coriander and orange combination made it sizzling. It was slightly bitter, and definitely had a stronger alcohol content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a huge improvement over previous brew. The carbonation was perfect. Hops are always good :). Combination with orange really rocked! Looking forward to the next experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did u use fridge for fermentation or at room temperature, you are from which city and which month u brew if it is at room temperature

    ReplyDelete