Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Untitled

(Pilsner)


Now that Clovey is out, my fermenter is going to be filled with a new kind of pilsner.  I am back to the books on this one.  I started with boiling light dry malt extract and maltodextrine in water and added hops after 10 mins.  Funny, the boiling mixture smells like pot!  Smells like pot, looks like pot, must be pot.  After a 30 min boil I added the main  liquid hopped malt extract.  I am writing this while I am waiting the mixture to cool and my yeast to be fully activated.

Detailed Ingredients
  1. Maltodextrine 4 oz
  2. Dry Malt Extract 1/2 lb
  3. 2 tsp of Simcoe hopps (10 mins into boil)
  4. 2 tsp of bitter orange peel (20 mins into boil)
  5. 2 Cans of Mr. Beer HME (Pilot house pilsner)
  6. 2 tsp of Simcoe hopps on cooling
  7. Yeast: Belgian Siason 
I am planning on letting it ferment for 2 week and then carbonating for the next week. Should be ready by the end of January.

My Expectation:
  1. Full body
  2. Malty
  3. About 6-7% ABV
  4. Aromatic.


2 comments:

  1. Madhav - I didn't know this creative side of yours... I need to TRY IT dude!!! Good luck and I am sure you'll win this!

    BTWN what is "Untitled"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mumbai Summer is entering the competition.

    ReplyDelete